5 Things to Do Before a Storm
When a storm is heading your way, you want to do whatever you can to prepare for it. Of course, it is hard to predict how a storm will affect South Portland, ME. Will you end up with flood water, hail damage or wind damage? Will the storm pass you by and leave you unscathed? Because there's no way to know the answer, you have to prepare for the worst possibilities.
1. Backup your data. Get your business ready for potential water damage by backing up your important business data. Put it on a secure server that will be unaffected by the upcoming storm.
2. Get surge protectors. Surge protectors may be able to help save your computers and other electronic equipment from certain issues. Investing in these protectors could save you some money in the long run. Of course, surge protectors may not help against flood water.
3. Protect windows. Storms with high winds can act as a threat to your windows and doors. You can put up storm shutters to better protect your windows. Putting sandbags near your windows could help keep your building from flooding.
4. Rearrange furniture. A flooded building will likely be full of unusable furniture. If you think you could have high waters, you should move your furniture to upper levels of your commercial building. If you only have a single level, consider making sturdy stacks.
5. Schedule a restoration inspection. While you may not have any damage to inspect now, you can schedule a restoration team prior to a storm striking South Portland, ME. Chances are the restoration experts will get a lot busier after the storm, so you may get faster service by scheduling an inspection in advance.
You can't always be prepared when storms bring flood water. However, keeping these five tips in mind before a storm could help save you a major headache after the system has passed, and save your business as well.
Visit us at http://www.SERVPROsouthportland.com for more information.